Not sure on the distance, but have you looked at free space optics?

   Sam Tetherow
   Sandhills Wireless

Tom DeReggi wrote:
I have a number of links that are about 3 miles in length, and looking for the MOST COST EFFECTIVE solution to create high capacity throughput (45 mbps FDX or 100mbps HDX or higher), and conserve the precious unlicensed spectrum under 6Ghz used for PtMP last mile to end user (5.3 and 5.8 Ghz, etc).

60Ghz - Can't go the distance :-( (rumored comming down as low as 9 grand) 70 Ghz - Adequate. 4X distance of 60Ghz. But way to expensive. (40 grand - 1Gb). 92 Ghz - Adequate same distance or greater than 70Ghz. But way expensive. (40 grand- 1Gb, 22 grand -100mb Fdx) 38Ghz - Adequate range. Radios super cheap from surplus or Ebay. (as low as $1000). Must pay license fee to license holder (although as little as $50 a month).

The advantage of the 90Ghz technowlegy is their pencil beam size, that makes interference near impossible. So for longevity possible worth its price.

So my question is....

What other options are there? Are there any?

I know there is 26Ghz unlicensed.

Any of the options sub $10,000?

So far, it looks to me that the lowest cost solution is to get some surplus 38Ghz gear.

Tom DeReggi
RapidDSL & Wireless, Inc
IntAirNet- Fixed Wireless Broadband

----- Original Message ----- From: "Patrick Leary" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>