To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Wednesday, July 12, 2006 9:56 AM
Subject: Re: [WISPA] 900 radio

Contact WAV for pricing on Tranzeo 900 802.11g. My Rep. in Canada is Claudio Ricci.

You have a Good Day now,

Carl A Jeptha
http://www.airnet.ca
office 905 349-2084
Emergency only Pager 905 377-6900
skype cajeptha

Butch Evans wrote:
On Wed, 12 Jul 2006, Blair Davis wrote:

Hoppers don't play nice with Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum. On the other hand, hoppers can get through more noise....

While this is almost accurate, it is not exacly right. FHSS can cause serious problems for a DSSS system, as the hopper runs across the band. HOWEVER, DSSS will trash about 30% of that spectrum for the hopper. (At least that is the approximate ratio for the 2.4GHz range.) Having said that, FHSS in 900 DOES make a lot of sense, so long as you have the ability to choose where it hops.