To: <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 20, 2006 10:58 AM
Subject: [WISPA] Field Techs & Non-Standard Installations

We are starting to see more and more subscribers need custom
installations such as a vent pipe mount, aerial drop, trenching, etc.
How is everyone paying their sub-contractors when it comes to
non-standard installations? For instance, say you pay $75 to a
sub-contractor for a standard installation but when they arrive
at the job site, the subscriber needs a 10' ditch dug. If the
sub-contractor says he will dig the ditch for $25 do you just
tack this amount on to the subscriber's installation fee and then
pass it along to the sub-contractor or do you add say $10 - $20
to the amount the sub-contractor is going to charge you and then
bill the subscriber the inflated amount which would then have a
profit margin attached? Or, do you have the sub-contractor bill
the subscriber separately for digging the ditch or whatever else
they want/need done at their premises? In other words, do you
try to make a profit on the additional work performed by the
sub-contractor which falls outside a standard installation?

Shannon D. Denniston, Co-Founder
KyWiFi, LLC - Mt. Sterling, Kentucky
"Your Hometown Broadband Provider"
http://www.KyWiFi.com