I keep getting offers to sign up for plaxo, linked in etc.

I've NEVER signed up for any. They seem too much like email harvesting or porn jerks to me.

Am I off base here? Some people that I highly respect have come across my desk with these types of systems. I just don't particularly care to put my email and personal contact info in the hands of any more people that I don't know if I can trust with it.

Are these companies legit? Do they promise that they will NEVER give or sell your data to anyone else? How do they make their money?

I'm having trouble trusting anyone over the internet these days....

Marlon
64.146.146.12 (net meeting)
www.odessaoffice.com/wireless
www.odessaoffice.com/marlon/cam