To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 03, 2006 4:37 PM
Subject: [WISPA] Trango Delimna

[Firmware Version] AP 1p11H8002D03100301 [Checksum] EF3391FF
[Device ID] 00 01 DE 00 31 C7 [Base ID] 1 [AP ID] 2
[System Up Time] 686 day(s) 16:07:36
[Radio Temperature] 50 C

Here's the question.... Should I upgrade the AP to new firmware, or leave it alone and maintain proof that a Trango AP will operate for almost 2 years without a reboot? (Take note that I have had three long power outages at this site, not only does give a testimonial for Trango, but also for our power backup systems.) I personally think the Trango 5830 with 1p11 will stay up for a decade, but I can't prove that if I keep restarting the clock to reboot the radio for firmware upgrades, as I've done over the years. I also planned on taking the link down and moving it, when the Fiber is lit in the building this month. But then I'd have to start the count over from scratch, somewhere else.

Decisions, decisions.  :-)