Thanks John, Rick, Matt, Marlon, et al,

Alvarion is happy to sponsor WISPA and proud to be the first wireless
broadband systems manufacturer to do so. Now that we have, I am sure others
will fall in line. We appreciate the good work you guys are doing.

On a personal level, I've known many of you for years now -- some of you
before you hung your first radio and when we met, you were bugged-eyed and
mind-reeling from your first heavy injection of market knowledge and
possibilities. Sounds silly maybe, but I've been proud seeing the progress
so many of you have made in this business, and some of you in your lives as
a whole.

I'm also proud to consider many of you as my friends. We shared joyful news
of births of our kids, the sad passing of loved ones, and the tearful loss
of some of our own.

We together enjoy the willingness to debate honestly and openly...and
sometimes vehemently! That has only been possible because we share a real
passion for this business and its power to affect positive change for
communities. We have each witnessed such change first hand as pioneers in
this business. And, while I may at times differ from a position you might
have from time to time, one of the reasons I have always felt at home among
you is that we share sincerity in our efforts to lift the whole of industry,
not simply our specific companies.

Here's to the WISP business, may it never, er, attenuate!

Sincerely,

Patrick

Patrick Leary
AVP Marketing