From: "Travis Johnson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 23, 2006 12:57 PM
Subject: Re: [WISPA] WHY?

> Hi,
>
> Although I am totally against this, we are already doing this (and keeping
a year's worth of history). Keep in mind we move about 110Mbps of traffic
average. We setup a linux box (p4/2.8ghz with 1GB of RAM and a 200GB drive)
about a year ago and installed IpAudit. This single box is able to keep up
with the traffic load and helps us track down customers that are infected,
SPAMMING, etc.

> We simply mirror our main incoming port on our backbone switch to another
port, and plug the IpAudit box into that port. Works great. :)

http://news.com.com/2100-1028_3-6108279.html?part=rss&tag=6108279&subj=news