Yes, MT will do mac authentication via radius for atheros cards, just like it does for prism cards. Better is a subjective, alternatives are PPPoE and hotspot authentication.

Sam Tetherow
Sandhills Wireless

Mark McElvy wrote:

I am new to MT and am trying to figure out a central authentication method. I have been using MAC Radius authentication with my current system that has Prism 2.5 based radios. The problem is I need to move to MT and Atheros based radios. First will MT do MAC Radius Auth using Atheros radios and/or is there a better choice. I current use Tranzeo CPQ’s for client radios.

Mark McElvy

AccuBak Data Systems, Inc.

This electronic communication (including any attached document) may contain privileged and/or confidential information. This communication is intended only for the use of indicated e-mail addressees. If you are not an intended recipient of this communication, please be advised that any disclosure, dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use of this communication or any attached document is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and promptly destroy all electronic and printed copies of this communication and any attached document. Unauthorized interception of this e-mail is a violation of federal criminal law. !DSPAM:16,45038bb0221431804284693! <http://mail.shwisp.net/spam/dspam.cgi?template=history&user=tetherow&retrain=spam&signatureID=16,45038bb0221431804284693>