From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Ed Spoon
Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2006 5:45 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: [WISPA] MT Lockups

Has anyone experienced or have any thoughts on the following....

PC Based Mikrotik with Disk-on module, SBE Card, 4Port Ethernet card...

Hard locks at random. Has been happening every 2 to 4 weeks (sometimes
longer) but a reboot takes care of it, so it has not been a real issue,
just aggravating. Recently happened twice in one week so we replaced the

hardware - all of it, including PC and all cards - and upgraded to
2.9.29. This was a week and 2 days ago - it locked up again today, same
symptoms. This is a complete lock up, no telnet, ssh, etc... No activity

on local monitor/keyboard...no traffic, etc.

This is used as back haul and pushes a steady 10-12 Megs during peak
hours. The lock ups happen during peak and off peak hours so I don't
think it is load related. There is another MT at the opposite end of the

backhaul link with the same cards installed. This MT had this same issue

a while back but cleared up after changing hardware, which is why we
thought a hardware change would fix the current problem.

but...about an hour after today's lock up and reboot, it happened again
and this time it was the other end - the one that has been fine since it

was replaced several months ago.

Very frustrating and difficult to troubleshoot, no logs or dumps of any
kind.

Thanks
Ed