channel planning.  hah!  as if everyone worked nicely together.

I rather like Canopy with its GPS.  It makes it a competition killer. :)
And yes, even Alvarion EQ can't handle it...

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Patrick Leary
Sent: Monday, September 25, 2006 3:17 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: RE: [WISPA] vendor specs -- Jon

Jon,

Why is that the case? You really think GPS on Canopy is some cool feature?
Canopy must have GPS to function. Without it, it kills itself.
It is all to prevent self-inflicted interference (remember, Canopy does not
even have ATPC) and to allow for channel re-use. Other systems, like VL, do
not need it. It provides far more capacity than Canopy, so it does not need
to re-use channels and with basic channel planning you don't have issues
with self-interference.

Patrick Leary
AVP WISP Markets
Alvarion, Inc.