Here is what he said (which led to my post about ours being the last
choice to try, but it would been the most cost effective overall had we
been able to get him to do it first. By the time he tried Alvarion, he
had already spent 2 days getting the StarOS up using the Trango tools.
Anyway, here is Tom's exact comments on the subject, unedited:

"We took the time to do a test with Alvarion B40 that we had on hand.
The Alvarion picked up the noise in its survey. The Alvarion gave us
accurate SNR readings that we could use to best plan the link
configuration. And the link quality was perfect as well using the 28dbi
and 23 dbi antennas.   So had I used the Alvarion VL to begin with, I
would have saved our company two days in labor, and would have had all
the tools that I needed to install the link easilly the first time and
to adapt in the future. Alvarion clearly would have been the winning
choice.  It gave me confidence that in future jobs IF I had to design a
link in advance blind, I could order an Alvarion, and it likely would
best be qualified to complete the job,"

Patrick Leary
AVP WISP Markets
Alvarion, Inc.