Its a cool Idea. Primarilly because it allows many users to contribute and has a standard method of comparisons.
But not sure how accurate though.

My results beat Verizon and Comcast. But my speed was still only 54 KBps (432kbps). I was testing from a 100mbps fiber connection and a 1.7Ghz Celeron PC. I think these tests are effected more by the PC's CPU power than the Internet connection :-( Its also odd, that the comparison tables show Covad at only 4 KBps, less than satelite. Also, its not politically correct that they do not LIST WiFi or Fixed Wireless as an Connection Options. In my mind it instantly unvalidates a company that doesn't understand that Wireless is 2-8% of the market today and worth recognizing.

Tom DeReggi
RapidDSL & Wireless, Inc
IntAirNet- Fixed Wireless Broadband