Good point - also, I forgot to mention the other reason I lost so many CPE's - don't leave a big roll if extra cable - that lowers the impedance.

On 10/8/06, Jason <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I use ferrite beads for the same reason.  Sometimes I use 2; one at the
radio and one right before the cables enter the house.  DO NOT put them
on a ground wire since that's where you want the lightning's current to
go.  Because its current has such a fast rise and fall time, lightning
behaves like ac or rf.  That's why ground wires are supposed to be as
straight as possible, and if you have to bend it, you should make the
radius of the bend as large as you can.  A tight bend acts as a coil
(increased impedance) and will cause the lightning to look for a better
path.  Ferrite beads do the same thing.  By putting a ferrite on the
cables, you still let your signals through, but it looks less inviting
for the lightning.

Jason