>2) My primary goal in the original post was to learn the difference between

>Wifi Station/client and Wifi WDS at the protocol level on how the protocol
>makes communications.  For example, can they both do CTS/RTS? Unless the
WDS
>protocol is fully understood, its not possible to design networks optimally

>using WDS.

Tom,

Unlike WiFi, there is no "recognized standard of interoperability" amongst
WDS implementations -- the spec itself is rather vague when outlining WDS,
basically saying more like "this is what it is and what it has to do" rather
than "this is exactly how it needs to be done" -- to my knowledge, there's
no WDS interoperability requirement for WiFi certification -- so YMMV
depending on the vendor implementation

Btw -- coming to our roadshow?

-Charles

WiNOG Wireless Roadshows