Was the test with 5, 10 or 20mhz channels? What was your noise floor at each test site? How was the mobile end mounted? What is the beamwidth on those antennas (or model numbers to look them up) and what elevation were
each at? Any tilt on the antennas?

Jeromie

Joe Laura wrote:

Well, I finally got time to hang the 900 A/P tonight. MT with SR9 on a 532a.
Client is a Rb112. Superpass 10dbi sector and a 10dbi panel for the client.
While its not the golden bullet sorta speak I am very impressed with it.
What better place to test than City Park. Its full of old tall oaks. From
about two miles out I was seeing -75 signal and easily squeezing 2 megs up
and down. I always see a lower upload on other gear but the 900 down and up
always seemed to be almost the same. I have had many calls from a
subdivision that was flooded from the storm and they still do not have bell
or cable in there. I tried doing two houses in that subdivision without any
luck with 2.4. Its loaded with trees. Well from my truck at these two
locations I had no problem seeing a -72 signal. As I got a little closer to
the pop maybe 1 mile I was seeing a -70 with still quite a few trees in the
way and I was seeing four megs up and down This is where it seemed to peak
out at. Like someone said its another tool in the tool box. Its just what I
needed because while 2.4 will burn through some trees the 900m shots will do
so much better.
Superior Wireless
New Orleans,La.
www.superior1.com