From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of rabbtux rabbtux
Sent: Sunday, October 15, 2006 5:26 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: [WISPA] OSPF routing question (nubie to OSPF)

All,

I have a fully and manually routed network of 5-10 subnets.  I am about to
upgrade one of my backhaul links to 5G, and thought now might be a time to
get my feet wet with OSPF.  I clearly see how the manual routing tables are
not very scale-able.  Here is my one question before I spend too much time
including OSPF as part of the upgrade.

Can I run OSPF on a system that has my manual static routes, but OSPF is
attached to a new interface.  At the other end of the new interface, is an
OSPF interface on another manually routed system.
Would this work?  This way I could preserve network stability by changing
only one small part of the network and OSPF.  Later, I could remove some of
my manual routes and add OSPF to other routers.

Is this possible?  Is this a practical way to migrate away from static
routing?  Any better suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Marshall
Rabbit Meadows Technology