Brian Rohrbacher wrote:
Will a vonage # and service work with a fax machine?

I wouldn't count on it. The service needs to have T.38 compatibility. I believe that BroadVoice offers that.

but, you could get a separate fax service which forwards fax to your email. I think that would be a better solution.

Like you, I do stuff on the cheap. I've learned that it's not always the best route. Don't disregard these folks' suggestions. I'm sure many of them started with the cheap stuff and learned the hard way; now, they're offering you this advice for free.

good luck,

bw