Third request - Take this discussion to a more appropriate political list.

Mark Koskenmaki wrote:

341 billion out of...

The government has spent approximately 11,600 billion (some rounding here)
from 2002 to now.

If all we've spent is 341 billion, that's just under 3%.   About the same as
the paypal fees on a larger purchase...

In the overall scope of our nation's budget, "the war" is not any
particularly important issue.  With federal expenditures rapidly approaching
3 trillion annually, pretty much funded by the likes of you and me, we
really SHOULD pay attention to how the budget is run.   It bears no
resemblance to how you or I would do it :(

neofast.net - fast internet for North East Oregon and South East Washington
email me at mark at neofast dot net
541-969-8200
Direct commercial inquiries to purchasing at neofast dot net

----- Original Message ----- From: "chris cooper" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>