And they're going to hold the Public Utility Districts up as examples of wonderful partnerships, never mind that they are big fat bloated money holes taking the worst of public and joining it with the worst of private (see Grant county PUD, via www.sliderule.net) - did I come across as negative??

Mark Koskenmaki wrote:
Great.   Hang onto your wallets, guys.   It's gonna get rocky.

When you hear these guys say we gotta "do something about it", it means hand
over massive piles of money to "real" business (ie, telcos).

There's nothing here about entreprenurial types being the stars of the
internet spread, it's "the failure of government to make it happen".

"The solution to our broadband crisis must ultimately involve public-private
initiatives like those that built the railroad, highway and telephone
systems. Combined with an overhaul of our universal service system to make
sure it is focusing on the needs of broadband, this represents our best
chance at recapturing our leadership position."

This means nothing other than some big business being given a monopoly and
getting into bed with the government.

<  pounds head on desk...  People get what they vote for...why, oh
why...don't they learn >

neofast.net - fast internet for North East Oregon and South East Washington
email me at mark at neofast dot net
541-969-8200
Direct commercial inquiries to purchasing at neofast dot net

----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter R." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>