1. I don't agree that 'vehicle' insurance covers ANYTHING that arises due to
the vehicle or its use. 'Vehicle' insurance covers things when used as a
'vehicle'... Driving accidents. Even if you have 'vehicle' insurance on a
bucket truck, you would need 'liability AND worker's compensation'
insurances to cover any personal and property from the use of the 'bucket.'
I believe that you could use a bucket truck without 'vehicle' insurance if
you had 'liability' insurance on PRIVATE property and be covered adequately.
But, you would NOT be covered driving the truck from place to place.
Similarly, if you only had 'vehicle' insurance, you may be covered (if you
do omit the fact that you are driving a bucket truck) for accidents while
driving as a vehicle, but not covered for the use of the bucket.

2. If you have employees use their personal vehicle for business use, THEIR
protection comes from THEIR policy coverage and is meant for their
protection. If YOU, as their employer, want to be covered, you need to add
'non-owned vehicle' coverage to your liability insurance. That is what
covers YOU in the event the employee causes a loss while using their
personal vehicle for your business.

Just my 2 cents...from a non-insurance agent. :)