John,
Ask them to supply you with the HIPPA compliance list point-by-point.
Then you show how you can comply when it is your responsibility and also point out where they are responsible for security. Then summarise this and they will see that they are more responsible for this "HIPPA" thing than you or any other carrier is. Because as has been pointed out before, if the data is encrypted when it leaves the terminal, the rest doesn't really matter. Point out also that this way they are free to change their providers anytime they want to, because they are in control of their security not an outsider.

You have a Good Day now,

Carl A Jeptha
http://www.airnet.ca
Office Phone: 905 349-2084
Office Hours: 9:00am - 5:00pm
skype cajeptha

John Scrivner wrote:
It does not matter if the responsibility is the network admin or not when it comes down to purchase time. It comes down to perception. Right now perception of the hospital corporate officers is that wireless = not secure. I have been told by people who order circuits that they are not allowed to buy from me or any wireless operator due to security issues. I believe it will require some type of HIPAA "seal of approval" from some source or another before we can start selling to these guys. This could be bad for us. ALL of the hospitals are going to buying new circuits soon and right now I am out of the running.
Scriv

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

John

To the best of my knowledge there are no HIPPA compliant solutions that are actually approved We have installed a ton of links for hospitals and other medical facilities an this issur comes up from time to time. We pretty much tell the customer that we are just a carrier and we encrypt oir data just like verizon does on a T1. And we all know how good that is. HIPPA compliance should beUp to the network administrator. Not the carrier IMHO. Ask someone how your network is not compliant. Its like Y2K all over again
Good luck
Bob
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry -----Original Message-----