While installing a new canopy accesspoint today, in an unserved community with no other wireless isps and little else, I discovered that I have about a -56 avarage across the entire swath of 5750mhz thru 5845mhz... what the hell?!?!? It's a small area deployment and we had planned on a simple low gain omni, but not now... I don't know who or what but 100mhz, is that really necessary? I'm going to take an sm later and see if I can get a better picture and determine the direction of these signals and see if there's going to be any way to make this work. Out in the middle of nowhere. But does anyone have any idea what in gods name could occupy this much continuous spectrum in 5.8?

Mike-