Two words -- Western Multiplex.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Mike Ireton
Sent: Wednesday, November 29, 2006 8:25 PM
To: wireless@wispa.org
Subject: [WISPA] What the heck chews up 100mhz of 5.8ghz?!?

While installing a new canopy accesspoint today, in an unserved community
with no other wireless isps and little else, I discovered that I have about
a -56 avarage across the entire swath of 5750mhz thru 5845mhz... what the
hell?!?!? It's a small area deployment and we had planned on a simple low
gain omni, but not now... I don't know who or what but 100mhz, is that
really necessary? I'm going to take an sm later and see if I can get a
better picture and determine the direction of these signals and see if
there's going to be any way to make this work.
Out in the middle of nowhere. But does anyone have any idea what in gods
name could occupy this much continuous spectrum in 5.8?

Mike-