To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Friday, December 01, 2006 4:04 PM
Subject: Re: [WISPA] New Recording LAW in effect today?

I find it interesting that people are stating their organizations are common carriers. The term common carrier has a very specific legal meaning. Specifically, a common carrier is an entity licensed by the FCC or a state agency to supply local and/or long distance telecommunications services to the general public at established and stated rates.

How many WISPs fit the above definition?

-Matt

Tim Kerns wrote:
As a common carrier I can understand and agree. What about providing
We are common carriers.  We no more have to copy peoples e-mail than