OK, about the cost lets say max 1300 Dlls each equipment, could be any equipment that solve the problem, well actually its not a problem i have done this kind of link before what i want now it is not to use 4 equipments and doing with 5.8
Mike Brownson escribió:
If reliability is your main issue then you may reconsider using wifi product and omni antennas. There are so many things that can effect the radio signal. If you link to experiment then perhaps it's good to go with WAR boards as it's kind of a make it yourself solution. If you want something that just goes in and is secure and works then be prepared to spend more money. So first you need to know what you are looking for and how much money you have to spend. Marlon's idea with the Tranzeo operating in WDS is good for low cost without having to make it yourself. But you still need someplace in the middle that you can put a radio. If you don't have that then it's time to look at different ways to do this. Too many questions and not enough answers yet.

Mike

Carlos A. Garcia G wrote:

reliability its the primary concern and the speed of the link its enough starting with 11Mbps

Marlon K. Schafer (509) 982-2181 escribió:

Hi Carlos

You don't tell us what speed and/or reliability you need for that link.

I tried the single radio repeater idea you are talking about. The results pretty well sucked. big time.

However, I'm about to try it again with a protocol called wds. That's supposed to allow an ap work as both an ap and a client radio at the same time. It's supposed to do what you are asking. I'm sure that there will be a speed penalty though, hopefully just much less than it was last time I tried this.

You'd end up with  ap/noc<-->ap/wds<-->cpe/office

We've got a person that we're about to install, he is the ONLY one that sees another customer that's wanted service for years. I'm going ot use a Tranzeo AP with a Teletronics splitter and a pair of Maxrad antennas. The backhaul to the main tower will be done with vertical and the one to the remote site will be horizontal.

Having said all of that, you really should use 4 radios to do this. It'll be faster and more stable. Radios don't like to store and forward out one port. They like to rec. on one and tx on the other basically at the same time.

Wish us both luck!
Marlon
42846865 (icq) And I run my own wisp!
64.146.146.12 (net meeting)