To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Sunday, December 17, 2006 5:33 PM
Subject: RE: [WISPA] DAY FROM HELL!!!

For us in little old Yakima we have a crumpled and twisted 50 foot tower that pulled the guy wire support concrete and all about 15 feet clean out of the ground while the tower was falling. It took six access points/antennas, of that we saved three of the radios and four of the antennas but it did hit the power line and the wait was two days for the power company.

Do get back up we put in a wood pole and remounted all new equipment. We had the Canopy high end accounts back up in 4 hours and the rest of the 2.4 people up by days end. I had to go up about every 10 hours to change batteries until the power was back on. We have been blessed with good weather since the big storm so thank goodness for that. We measured 75 MPH gusts during the storm but of seven towers only had one crash and one with turned AP antennas.

Then the customers with antennas that spun away from our tower started coming in. In all we have/are handling about 115 open tickets of which every staff member will be out in trucks Monday. I had to do Business Class customers all weekend since they have 24/7 response in their contract. One thing for sure using tripods or pole mounts are much better then some of the roof water pipe installs I found this week. Those always fail first.

Forbes Mercy

President - Washington Broadband, Inc.