Matt Liotta wrote:

Travis Johnson wrote:

"Everyone in an S Corp has to get the same benefits - so if you take health care, so does every employee" is incorrect. We have consulted with our accountant and our attorney on this exact matter. We have about 30% of our employees with health insurance and 70% without.

I believe the correct statement is that an S Corp can only have a single class of shareholders. In that sense, all shareholders must be treated the same because they share a common class. Employees are not necessarily shareholders.

-Matt

That's more accurate. I wasn't writing clearly last night.