On Tue, 19 Dec 2006, Travis Johnson wrote:
Does anyone have a simple "wireless installation" training manual
already put together? We are finally to the point we need to have
something for the new hires, but I want to see if anyone has
something they want to share?
As you may know, I am working on several technical training classes,
including one that covers "WISP Basics". While the focus of this
class is not exactly what you asked for, it is a good starting
point. However, If you'd like, I can put together a manual for you.
While I'm at it, how many others would be interested in such a
manual? If I did this, it would most likely be a video that covers
such topics as:
* Mounting techniques - rooftop and dss arm type mounts
* Antenna basics - aiming and testing link quality
* Weather proofing - we all know about this
* Cable runs - including basics on how to drill various
materials and where to drill (and not to drill).
Also, "drip loops"
* Termination of LMR and Ethernet cables
* Testing the final install
This is just off the top of my head, but the real question would be
(for me), how many would be willing to pay for such a video...and
what is it worth?
Network Engineering and Security Consulting
Mikrotik Certified Consultant
WISPA Wireless List: email@example.com