----- Original Message ----- From: "Butch Evans" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Tuesday, December 26, 2006 10:37 AM
Subject: Re: [WISPA] bits per mbps

On Tue, 26 Dec 2006, Marlon K. Schafer (509) 982-2181 wrote:

I know that they (and Butch) claimed it was

No...I think you are confusing me with someone else. :-) I have told MANY people that proxy service on MT is riddled with problems, not the least of which is speed. One of the first things you had me help you with was removing the proxy server on the MT.

Yeah, I know you took it off for me. As I recall the conversation you said that we could do some testing that would show that it really did speed things up. But it also caused a delay when the page was starting to load and that made it feel slower.

Did I get this wrong?

Having said that, it is possible to build a squid proxy (outside the MT) that can actually make things faster. But, as you said, perception will be that it is slower (sometimes), so the reality isn't relevant.

--
Butch Evans
http://www.butchevans.com/