There are a couple issues here.

First, the most probable cuse probably is a failing breaker, which if were the
case would require power shut down. Thats the purpose of a UPS, is that power
can be disconnected without equipment on UPS going down.

Second, a UPS's draw can change based on whether the UPs's charging circuit is
on or off. Many people use to weak of a breaker, because they count the amps
drawn, and not the amps drawn, plus the additional AMPs that the charging
circuit would use if it activated.  For example, a 40 amp breaker is required
for my Triplight Power inverter spec'd at delivering 20 amps to equipment. The
charging unit would allow it to draw as much as 12 more amps, putting it over
30amp breaker. (Or somewhere near those values, doing this for memory)

Third, the power draw can vary based on the server load. It draws more at the
time they power up. They draw more as the Hard Drives do more scanning, etc.

Fourth, The question is, is it the gear on the UPS drawing excessive current,
or is it the APC drawing excessive current.

Someone posted a link on this list not to long ago that was a plug-in amp
meter. You plugged it into another outlet on the same circuit, and it gave you
the current. I;d guess you'd want to constantly monitor the amperage draw, to
tell if anything ever resulted in greater amerage draw at specific times.

Doesn't the APC Symetra have the ability to record that data in its software
application logging?