I was on the way to one of our remote towers today and was on the interstate
next to two US Express trucks.  I turned on a sniffer to see if they also
had access points on them, but there was nothing. I guess they just scan,
looking for free wireless to use.

Being bored with the drive, I was thinking about the TRUCKPC thing a lot and
had an idea to make some code changes to the mobile access point I have in
my vehicle. Its hooked up to a verizon card and I have a roving EVDO to WIFi
hot spot gateway.  ( see  http://ralphfowler.com/stompbox/index.htm ) I
could make a couple of code changes to allow the box to also sniff a bit and
see exactly what these things are doing when they find a free internet
connection.

I was also thinking that we, as an industry, could possibly cut a deal with
Drivertech to allow their customers to have access to our networks.  Of
course there would be a lot more to work out and I'm not the guy for that
job ;-)

Just some Saturday musings...