WEP is easily broken. The much stronger WPA2 (WPA2/AES) is a simple setup.

For personal/home use just use a pre shared key (PSK) which is just a shared
password.

Unlike WEP, with WPA2 there is no fixed or hard to remember HEX code. Just
pick a good shared password for home/personal use.

Just use the same password in your PC and AP. Win XP is simple to setup with
WPA2, see the XP Advanced tab for the wireless interface.

Frank Keeney
Blog: http://www.unwiredadventures.com
Photos: http://snurl.com/unwirephotos