I work for a value added distributor in Spain. We are having a great success
in selling VL for WiSP here in Spain. We have a kind of COMNET program in
our country with 2Mbps SU. They have the same features as the SU-3-1D but
they are limited to 2048/512, one MAC and they are non-upgradable. In the
first installations of our customers have detected some limitations, maybe
due to our inexperience in the WiSP market (high number of CPE, third party
traffic...).

I would like to hear some feedback about this issues from you. This is the
scenario:

-Medium-noisy environment, 10MHz channels (which should work better than the
20MHz ones), 50 SU (mix of the special 2Mbps SU and the 3Mbps standard ones)
and 4 of 6Mbps, 1200pps peaks and 4Mbps mean traffic with 6Mbps peacks. 70%
of the customers were less than 4km away, the remainning ones were at 8km,
except for one at 11km. In this conditions the AU seemed to
get saturated. The customers complain about the conexion and we detect lost
packets and higher, no more than 500kbps in the best case for one customer
(within the 4Mbps mean traffic of the AU). They are using Allot as the
traffic shapping and bandwidth controller. In this specific case they
changed into 20MHz channel and even with the increase of noise they managed
to get better results. Their traffic is mainly data, some VoIP and p2p
limited by the Allot, the VL is AES encripted. The spanish regulation is
limited to 1W EIRP in 5.4GHz band.

My questions are:

-do you have any results of the maximum number of CPE in a sector for WiSP
purposes in several traffic scenarios?. In our case, the limit seems to be
around 70 CPE.

-do you have any recommendation about configuration tips to improve these
results?

Any feedback will be welcomed. Sorry for my crappy english and happy new
year to all of you.