Damn Patrick - you've been on the ball ! Bout time the old man gets
movin ! :)

JohnnyO

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Patrick Leary
Sent: Friday, January 05, 2007 2:55 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: [WISPA] Brad B, I got your answer on the pinout for
BreezeACCESS VL

So Brad, I finally have the answer as to why we do not use the standard
568B (or 568A for that matter) pinot. We can't. The VL PoE pushes 55
volts and ½ an amp up the cat 5 cable. If the standard pinout is used
the cable range due to cross talk can't make it much past 30 feet. With
this pinout we are able to maintain the long distance.

So, you may not like it, but at least I've finally been able to give an
actual reason.

Regards,

Patrick Leary
AVP WISP Markets