My thought would be to see if there are any members that will consider
wholesale pricing and installation. These guys are so big that we need to
have some reasonable numbers and coverage footprint to make it worth their
time to even look at the idea. One of the big problems will be identifying a
customer pre-qualification system that their 800 number operators can use at
any time. At one time I built a demo that did this for a proposed wholesale
project with them. The idea worked, the deal fell through (of which I was
not involved, I just built the pre-qual tool). They will basically need a
GIS compatible file that accurately represents your network service area.
This they will use while on the initial phone call to set up an
installation. This would also mean they will need to see your installation
schedule on line. They will not even consider the idea of "let me check and
I'll get back to you", they want to know at that moment. While I know this
can not be a guarantee of every installation, they need something with a
reasonable level of assurance they can pre-qualify an address without having
to make phone calls. The technology exists and it can be done at a
reasonable cost, the question remains will enough WISP members go for the
idea and commit to a standard method that you can bring to the big guys? A
unified approach and voice would be the key to success, not a bunch of
independents with all different methods to accomplish an installation.

Thank You,
Brian Webster
www.wirelessmapping.com <http://www.wirelessmapping.com>