I think I can answer why I like freebsd.
Stability.
Uptime for months at a time. Most of the problems that I have had with my Freebsd servers have been when I was doing something stupid that I now know better.

Also, it may be used completely free of charge, even if it is used commercially. The licensing of linux flavor of the month is not quite so clear.

It is used by MANY large commercial web farms, universities, and other entities.

It has widespread use enough that if you find a problem with it, the solution is probably online somewhere. In other words, its a more "mature" operating system than most Linux flavors.

Just my $0.02. Not trying to create a flame war.

Pete Davis
NoDial.net

Tom DeReggi wrote:
Butch,

Not to start a debate on whats best, but for informative reasons...

Why do people that prefer FreeBSD prefer FreeBSD?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Butch Evans" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>