Dave,

Thanks for the explanation. Really, my clients want to improve their
browsing speed. Of course, like most people, they associate speed with
speed test website such as speakeasy, etc.

-RickG

On 1/21/07, David E. Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
RickG wrote:

> According to the responses I'm getting is that load sharing wont work.
> So, why do I find so many article sayign it does such as
> http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=13103 ?

Depends on your definition of load-balancing. Traditionally, that means
you can balance traffic between your connections on a per-packet basis.
Thus, if you have two 1Mbps connections, you can download a single given
file at 2Mbps. (That's probably technically bonding, not load balancing.
The terminology is a bit fuzzy, and sometimes means different things to
different people.)

If your two Internet connections are to two different ISPs, that is
basically impossible. With a sufficiently smart router, you'll be able
to download two different files each at 1Mbps, though, which is often
"good enough."

David Smith
MVN.net