To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2007 9:36 AM
Subject: Re: [WISPA] CPI suing FCC to get at real state of broadbandcompetitionin the US

The government cannot request data with a note saying it is confidential and then turn around and say it is not. That is not going to fly. If my data is shared with others then I will file suit against the FCC myself. Peter, how can you possibly support the idea that it is ok for confidential data to be gathered and then shared because the ILECs want it shared? The FCC is not withholding this information to be annoying or secretive. They are doing so because confidentiality was assured when the data was gathered.

If this data is shared then Mark Koskenmaki and others were right in saying we should not fill out those forms. For now I will do it because it is a requirement according to the governing law of the land. If this bites me then I will be the first to tell you I was wrong in supporting the Form 477 process. For now the data is still not being shared and the form process is still a matter of law, like it or not.
Scriv

Peter R. wrote:

That actually may be the head of the nail..... Maybe not everyone DID fill it out honorably -- and hence the data is seriously flawed... Data that the FCC uses regularly to deregulate. Data that the FCC and the gov't uses regularly to grant so much to the ILECs.

Someone needs to verify the raw data.

- Peter

Tom DeReggi wrote:

I disagree with that. Confidentiality was promised to the form fillers. If that confidentiality is breached, ISPs would never honestly fill them out again, after being betrayed. The FCC is holding firm, as they know, its the only way to keep getting accurate data, and standing behind its word is protects the integrity of the FCC.

I do not believe that the FCC GOA has any benefit to fudge their findings.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter R." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>