  From: cw
  To: WISPA General List
  Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 7:35 PM
  Subject: Re: [WISPA] TV white spaces

  I don't know how you expect the industry to police itself when the FCC acts
  deaf. Next time you encounter a damnit remark, add state government to the
  list of not playing nice. Our footprint is the Florida Keys. Last year the
  department of transportation decided to erect giant poles down the center of
  our one highway to put up signs to tell us whether our highway was busy or
  not and suggest no alternate route when it was (it's our only road).

  They used 5.8GHz DSSS and 2.4GHz DSSS both for the poles to talk to each
  other. Grid antennas polluted the spectrum even more. Because of the narrow
  geographic nature of the islands and the highway being in the center, one
  can't even use a 5.8GHz cordless phone inside their home anymore. When we
  called Tallahassee to complain, the head of the DoT IT dept wanted to know
  why we weren't using 4.9GHz for the buoy link the signs killed.

  WISPs aren't the only ones shitting in their nests. Every day they pile it
  higher and one just has to figure out another way around the edges. - cw