To: "'WISPA General List'" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Thursday, February 08, 2007 7:49 AM
Subject: RE: SPAM ? RE: [WISPA] Understanding STAROS with High Power cards.

Marty,

 That was not a "dig" :-)  No offense intended. I agree 100% with what you
said and most of what Patrick "generally" has to say. (That aint no dig
either Patrick) hehehe

I was just picking on my brother Leary!!

As far as UL operators - it is no different for us than it is in any other
arena in the world. If there are limits placed there will always be those
who try to exceed that ir-regardless of how they are generally hurting
themselves. It is not just in the UL spectrum we see this - - it's in every
avenue of life. I didn't say that made it OK - I am saying that it
inevitable!

It is true that a few bad potatoes can ruin the whole basket, but that is
just life I guess. All we can really do is build our networks in accordance to the current Part 15 rules. I also realize that not all of our systems are
not certified by Patrick's definition, but as long as we attempt to build
one that "could be" certified by matching the correct antennas with the
correct radios, maintain legal limits and good judgment through
manufacturers papers - we will all be OK.

I have a WISP in my area that is running two towers with 2 watt Hyperlink
amps at the 12db Omni's. Believe me - I know about jack ass operators and
detest that type of operator. It really shows ignorance to pull such a
stunt, but these types of operators know absolutely nothing anyway. Once
again - what we are doing and tolerating is nothing new - - these type folks
are everywhere in everything and every business in life - - just look
around!

Mac