Hi,

PacWireless makes a 19db and 24db flat panel 5.8ghz antenna. Or there are the Rootenna's, depending on what you are using for radios. I have used all four types and they all work as advertised.

Travis
Microserv

Mark Nash wrote:
I'm switching POPs and need to put in a high-capacity, redundant link. Here's the application...

1. I'm securing a roof lease and the building owner will care about asthetics (the smaller and better-looking, the better).

2. I can put up to a maximum of 4 antennas on the building and they want to agree on what antennas I use.

3. I'll have 10mbps now but it should scale to something higher...maybe put in a cheaper solution now but upgrade later without changing the antennas (just change the radios/boards).

4. The link will be 12 miles, 8-story building on one side on the valley floor to a 120-foot tower about 300 feet off the valley floor.

5. Mounting will be on the side of the building.

Got suggestions on 5.8GHz antennas for this application?

Thanks,

Mark Nash
Network Engineer
UnwiredOnline.Net