To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Monday, February 12, 2007 10:05 PM
Subject: Re: [WISPA] anyone used high powered deliberant?

Why don't you do it in 5 gig and skip the 2 gig - amp?

The more I do this stuff the more I think 2 gig is short and 5 gig is long.

Marlon K. Schafer wrote:
Hi All,

I have to put in a system that'll do 17 miles ptp. I can do it today with a 500mw amp and 8dB omni.

Anyone used one of these?
http://www.gnswireless.com/DLB2700.htm

Is there any receive gain on them? If it's only -80ish receive sensitivity it won't be able to do the same range as a standard radio/amp combo.

I am space limited at that tower site so this would be a nice solution that would allow me to gain back quite a bit of room. But whatever I put in has to work with my existing customers at that site.

thoughts?
marlon

--
George Rogato