Hi All,

OK, we're not going to get most wisps to fill out the 477 any time soon. At least it's historically looking that way.

2 years ago I brow beat the major vendors and manufacturers into giving me the number of wisps that they show on the books and/or radios sold into the US market in the last 4 years.

That effort lead to the belief that there are a genuine uncontestable 3000 wisps in this country with a minimum of 1,000,000 subscribers. Numbers that the FCC folks still use today as being more accurate than the 477.

Does anyone know of a research group that we could hire to repeat my efforts in the past. Something that might be more effective yet? There has to be a better way to do this than the 477.

Any ideas on the costs to do this project? Should we even put any effort into it?

Could this be done by a group of scholars at a college?

Looking back on the data that I'd gotten at the time and how I calculated things, I think that the real number of wisps was likely closer to 6000. Today my gut tells me that that number is up by 25ish % and that the customers serviced is likely at least double what it was back in late 2004. I know MY customer base has more than doubled since that time.

thoughts?
marlon