Strange as it may seem Rabbtux, you'll not find me saying "Oh no, I've
gone too far because this guy won't buy my gear now." I will remain
consistent and provocative. For sure no other vendor has the chutzpah to
do it (or maybe cares about WISPs enough to do it) and someone has to
lead. Playing nice on this subject gets the industry no where and there
is nothing inconsistent or hypocritical about my statements.

This is not about arrogance except to the extent that many of you really
don't know how serious this is getting and what's at risk. You are
necessarily tending to your businesses, and that's largely as it should
be. I am more plugged in than the vast majority of you (that's not a
boast, just simple statement of fact) and that gives me some
responsibility or I can just ignore it and let the chips fall where they
are headed. But, I do have the ability to help be a catalyst; I've done
it many times in ways that can be documented. You can call that
arrogance, but it's also the truth and credibility and influence is
wasted if not used to the greater benefit. It about the future of the
industry and that's worth more than a few ruffled feathers and what some
of you think must be the loss of a few radios to Alvarion.

Patrick Leary
AVP WISP Markets
Alvarion, Inc.
o: 650.314.2628