From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Carl A jeptha
Sent: Monday, February 19, 2007 5:55 AM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: NON U.S. and Canada WISPs? was RE: [WISPA] Following the
FCCrules ...

If we want WISPA to be the IEEE of the world, then all this FCC (US)
stuff must be taken off the general list.

You have a Good Day now,

Carl A Jeptha
http://www.airnet.ca
Office Phone: 905 349-2084
Office Hours: 9:00am - 5:00pm
skype cajeptha

Patrick Leary wrote:
> Sam, you are right. During this whole thread I have been reflexive
about
> assuming U.S. and I did assume you discussing it from a U.S.
standpoint.
> I was wrong to assume that and I apologize.
>
> To all non-U.S. (well, this really does include Canada since the
domains
> share so much in common from a UL standpoint), this must indeed be
mind
> numbing.
>
> What would be VERY interesting would be for the non-North American
WISPs
> to tell us their opinions about compliance relative to their regions.
> have assumptions there too, but MUCH less knowledge and experience so
> the better part of valor is shut up and listen.
>
> Patrick Leary
> AVP WISP Markets
> Alvarion, Inc.
> o: 650.314.2628
> c: 760.580.0080
> Vonage: 650.641.1243
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

On
> Behalf Of Sam Tetherow
> Sent: Sunday, February 18, 2007 10:40 PM
> To: WISPA General List
> Subject: Re: [WISPA] Following the FCC rules are now simply about
> being"sticker conscious" or not??
>
> You know Patrick, I for the most part have respect for you and your
> opinion, but when it comes to this issue you are so blinded by it you
> don't even stop to think about your reply.
>
> I stated it that way because I have absolutely no idea if rabbtux
> rabbtux is in the US or not. It is a gmail account so it could be
> anywhere world wide.
>
> They stated that they were looking for something that would work with
an

> MT/SR5 combination so I replied that if the sticker is not important
> (which it probably isn't since they are use an MT/SR5 as the AP) they
> could use a RB112 and CM9 with good result.
>
> I added on the fact that Tranzeo makes eqiupment that will meet their
> specifications and is FCC approved so that they (and others) know that

> there is certified equipment that meet their criteria.
>
> I will echo Mark's (?) comment from somewhere in the fact that in the
> certified realm there isn't much that comes close to the flexibility
and

> power of either StarOS or MT. The problem with the "Premium CPE" is
that

> it attaches to a Premium PROPRIETARY AP. The power of StarOS and MT is

> in the fact that the user is not stuck buying everything from a single

> manufacturer. If PCEngines EOLs a model of wrap board there is always
> gateworks or MT. If StarOS adds a new advanced routing protocol MT
users

> can switch with only the change of an AP and gain the full advantage
and

> in some cases they doesn't even have to change AP hardware. If
> Smartbridges equipment goes to crap you can change to Senao, if Senao
> EOLs a CPE you can switch to Tranzeo.
>
> In the "Premium" world if Trango decides to EOL a line of equipment or

> manufacturing quality tanks you are stuck with:
> 1. buy refurb/used equipment
> 2. hang dual APs to handle new growth
> 3. swap equipment around in your network so that vendor/product A is
on
> the east side of your coverage area...
> 4. Replace CPEs with new line of product
>
> There is a LOT more to the certified debate than the fact that
Motorola,

> Trango and Alvarion have finally gotten CPE price down to $200.
>
> Sam Tetherow
> Sandhills Wireless
>
> Patrick Leary wrote:
>
>> "Sticker conscious?" So this is what we've become as an industry?
>> Following the very clear laws, which were once again just reiterated

>> us after another in a long chain of WISP visits, or not has now been
>> reduced to simply being "sticker conscious" or "not sticker
>>
> conscious"?
>
>> Why not go further and call yourself "Illegal and proud" or just "I
>> don't give a ____"? Let's not have any more "gee, I can't afford to
be
>> legal!" That's not an argument that is credible today, with the range
>> from legal cheap to premium CPE running from about $170 to sub-$300
--
>> that's cheap.
>>
>> My God, 5.4 is going to be a massive mess. OET will have to install a
>> special phone line just to handle the incoming DoD complaint calls.
>>
>> Patrick Leary
>> AVP WISP Markets
>> Alvarion, Inc.
>> o: 650.314.2628
>> c: 760.580.0080
>> Vonage: 650.641.1243
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

************
computer viruses(190).

computer viruses(42).

computer viruses.

 This footnote confirms that this email message has been scanned by PineApp
Mail-SeCure for the presence of malicious code, vandals & computer viruses(84).

viruses.