From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Mark Nash - Lists
Sent: 16 November 2006 16:45
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] External battery on UPS

I replaced the two internal batteries last night with two external, $100
batteries, and put a load on the UPS that matched the highest load I
have
out in the field (80w).  It took 2 Tranzeo APs, an Xpeed SDSL modem, and
19" TV on the QVC to load it up properly.  Now instead of 1 hour I get
13
hours.  Bigger, better batteries should net me more time than this.  My
goal
is bang for buck at this stage in my business...more run time for a
sensible
price.

One cool thing about this setup is that I can rig it up to be able to
simply
take new batteries out to a site when they are getting low, instead of
the
generator.  I can keep some spare batteries charged up and ready to go.
It's a whole lot cheaper and easier than purchasing multiple QUALITY
1000w
generators and putting large custom tanks on them.  That is if your UPS
is
not on the top of a water tower or something. ;)

Mark Nash
Network Engineer
UnwiredOnline.Net
350 Holly Street