Do a reset on the radio, reconfigure with IP only on Ethernet, see if you
get the same thing, if so, issues with cat5...

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Justin Wilson
Sent: Thursday, March 08, 2007 8:20 AM
To: wireless@wispa.org
Subject: [WISPA] Mikrotik long pings

    We just put up a mikrotik 532 with an sr2 card. This is an AP with the
ethernet and sr2 bridged.  At the bottom of the tower is actual mikrotik
router doing routing, dhcp, etc.

    I have customers associated to the Ap which works fine. If I plug into
the ethernet at the bottom of the Ap I get weird pings. What I mean is this:

    If I ping a customer whos is associated via wireless they are 4-10ms
average.

    If I ping the AP itself pings will jump up to 400ms dependent on how
much traffic is going through. When the ap goes to 400ms pings the customers
stay the same (4-10ms).

    Any ideas why this is happening? It does not matter where I bind the ip
on the Ap. Pings are still weird.I am not too worried because customers are
getting their speed and their pings are great.

    Thanks in advance,
    Justin
--
"Life is unfair, but root password Helps"
---