History? Did it ever work?

Distance? 100' from the POP?

The signals are too "hot".

jack

Rick Smith wrote:
I have a system - Mikrotik 5.8 in on SR5 / 2.4 out on SR2

with currently one customer on it.

He's seeing occasional REALLY high latency through his device (High Gain
Antennas 8186hp @ 100' away from the POP) - like 900 - 5000 ms pings and
some time-outs.

I'm on what Mikrotik is telling me is a relatively quiet channel (3 to 5
devices at an average of -90's noise floor) and yet his network connection
just flaps like crazy because of the latency.
Can't run nstreme because of the devices I'd need to have connected (it's a
hotspot on a rooftop)

But, I'm perplexed as to why this is doing this.  A drive up to the hotspot
with my laptop produces the same results, as does a test from one of his
other computers with a wifi card in it.

Things to look for / do ?

FCC License # PG-12-25133
Serving the Broadband Wireless Industry Since 1993
True Vendor-Neutral Wireless Consulting-Training-Troubleshooting