To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Saturday, March 24, 2007 4:47 PM
Subject: Re: [WISPA] FCC requests comment on smaller dishes for 11 GHz

It was not just for freq reuse. It was also to encourage the use of higher freq for short distance links and lower freqs for longer distances.

that makes sense.

I personally think that the existing antenna requirements should stay as they are. Fibertower wants to use 11 ghz for shorter runs and also so they can install smaller dishes in covert locations such as inside monopole flagpoles and steeples.

What's wrong with that?

Also, if they do it for 11 gig maybe they would for 6 gig too. The 6' dish requirement in that band makes it almost useless for anything on a smaller tower or down town where there are asthetic issues.
marlon

Bob