Saturday, March 24, 2007
Wireless broadband grants announced by N.H.

The New Hampshire Division of Economic Development's Telecommunications Advisory Board has unveiled a $100,000 matching grant initiative to stimulate and support wireless broadband public/private projects throughout the state.

"This is good news for the state of New Hampshire," said Gov. John Lynch. "This will help us reach our goal of ensuring there is broadband connectivity throughout the state, especially in the North Country and the western part of New Hampshire."

A total of $100,000 in dollar for dollar matching grants have been set aside with initial grant awards limited to up to $10,000 per project. Applications are available immediately and will be accepted until June 15.

"We're very much looking forward to receiving applications which promote wireless broadband technology," said division Director Michael Vlacich. "Broadband is a prime innovation and marketing tool which can positively affect a company's bottom line and we need to ensure that we're consistently looking at new ways to further its application. These grants are a great step in that direction."

For additional information visit www.nheconomy.com or call the Division of Economic Development at (603) 271-2341.

http://www.fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070324/FOSTERS01/103240184